Frequently Asked Questions
Updated: January 10, 2017
1. What are the business hours of the Municipality’s administrative offices?
The Municipality’s offices are open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm and Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.
2. When are the municipal taxes payable?
The invoices for the municipal taxes are sent out at the end of January or the beginning of February. If the total amount of the tax bill is less than $300, it is payable in a single instalment. If the tax bill is for more than $300, it may be paid in six instalments or less.
The single payment or the first payment must be made at the latest the 30th day following the invoice date. The subsequent payments must be made as follows:
It should be noted that, when a payment is not made on time, the entire balance of the invoice becomes payable and bears interest at 14%. Moreover, if you pay your municipal taxes on-line through your banking institution, make sure you always use the correct registration number.
3. If I want to pay my taxes by cheque who do I make the cheque payable to?
When paying municipal taxes, you must make the cheque payable to the Municipalité de La Pêche.
4. Which organization is responsible for the Municipality’s tax roll?
The organization responsible for the Municipality’s tax roll is the MRC des Collines-de-l’Ouaouais. The MRC’s coordinates are:
MRC des Collines-de-l’Outaouais
5. I want to build a home in La Pêche; can you tell me what the tax roll rate is?
The property tax rate for the Municipalité de La Pêche for 2017 is:
6. I have just moved and I would like to know if the post office will give you my new address.
No. The post office does not inform the Municipality about address changes. You must notify the Municipality about your new address by telephone, at (819) 456 2161, extension 2221, or by email at email@example.com.
7. The neighbour’s dog barks all the time, who can I submit a complaint to?
The Municipality has an agreement with the SPCA Outaouais and you can contact them directly at
8. I want to get a dog. Do I need a licence? Where can I buy it?
No one can keep a dog on the Municipality’s territory without first obtaining a dog licence. The licence, which is valid from January 1 to December 31, is issued by either the Municipality or the SPCA. The cost of a licence is $20 per dog. Licences can be obtained in person at the offices of the Municipality (1 Route Principale Ouest in La Pêche) or the SPCA (132 Rue de Varennes in Gatineau), or on-line from the SPCA at www.spca-outaouais.org.
9. I heard that the Municipality offers residents season passes for the Lac Philippe beach in Parc de la Gatineau. Where can I get a pass?
Every year, the National Capital Commission (NCC) gives the Municipality a limited number of passes for its permanent residents. The passes are distributed at the end of the spring or the beginning of the summer (watch for the June issue of the Municipal bulletin for information; the date will be announced there). Passes can be obtained at the Municipality’s offices, upon presentation of a valid driver’s license with an address in La Pêche (N.B.: one single pass per residence).
Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions concerning the municipality.